Rudolphus Grady Hardy
- Born: 7 Mar 1927, Panama City, Bay County, Florida, USA
- Marriage (1): Marie
- Died: 24 May 2011, Jackson, Hinds County, Mississippi, USA at age 84 1
- Buried: Parkway Memorial Cemetery, Ridgeland, Madison County, Mississippi, USA 2
Mr. R.G. Hardy, 84, died Tuesday, May 24, 2011 following a lengthy illness. Funeral services will be held at 2 PM Friday at Wright and Ferguson Funeral Home in Ridgeland with Rev. Hal Hardy and Rev. Hoyt Ainsworth officiating. Entombment will follow at the Trinity East Mausoleum in Parkway Memorial Cemetery. Visitation will be from 5-7 PM Thursday and 1 PM Friday at the funeral home.
Mr. Hardy was born March 7, 1927 in Panama City, Florida and lived his early years there. He was a graduate of Graceville High School and was a Veteran of World War II having served in the US Navy. In 1944, he married Marie Hardy and they moved to Mississippi in 1952. Mr. Hardy was business owner of Hardy Harkness Insurance agency in Jackson until his retirement in 1998.
Mr. Hardy was preceded in death by his father, Grady Hardy in 1929 and mother Ocie Hardy Ming, and step-father Hughey Ming, all of Graceville, FL. He was also preceded in death by his brother and sister, Ray Gerald Ming and Ruth Hardy Schwartz, both of Dothan, AL.
He is survived by his wife, Marie Hardy of Jackson, MS; son, Harold Hardy (Janie) of Buford, GA; daughter, Elaine McCormick (Dick) of Dyersburg, TN; five grandchildren: Hal Hardy (Sondra), Alison Schneider (Mark), Chris Hardy (Amanda), Stephanie Flynn (Scott), Tiffany Riggins (Billy); thirteen great-grandchildren: Hannah Stewart, Tyler and Kyle Flynn, Jake and Ethan Schneider, Colin, Sivana and Sadie Riggins, Mia and Shayla Hardy, Kaitlyn, Caroline and Jack Hardy; three sisters, Reba Phelps (Lowell) of Dothan, AL, Lola Eaves (Don) of Phoenix City, AL, and Ola VanDusen of Augusta, GA, along with several nieces and nephews.
To sign an online guest register, please visit www.wrightfergusonridgeland.com.
Published in Clarion Ledger on May 26, 2011. 2
Noted events in his life were:
• United States Census: Resided, 1930, Graceville, Jackson County, Florida, USA. Along with his widowed mother and two siblings, Rudolphus was living with her Grandparents, Daniel and Maudie Miles.
• Florida State Census, 1935, North Graceville, Jackson, Florida. Age 8 and living with mother and step father
• Military: U.S. Navy. 2
Rudolphus married Marie.