Martha Caroline Dorman 1
- Born: 3 Jan 1863, Alabama, USA
- Marriage (1): Joseph Lane Gauntt on 21 Dec 1884 in Tallasse, Tallapoosa Co., AL
- Died: 10 Mar 1958, Alabama, USA at age 95
Another name for Martha was Mattie C..2
According to Ida Lucille Gauntt Woodall's memroies, her mother passed 19 March, 1958, not the 10th.
Last Will and Testament of Mattie C. Gauntt Will Book Vol. 6, pgs 482-484:
State of Alabama
"I, Mattie C. Gauntt, of Walker County, Alabama, over the age of twenty-one years, and being of sound mind and disposing memory, do hereby make and publish this, my last will and testament, revoking all former wills which may have been made at any time heretofore by me."
"I direct that my just debts and funeral expenses shall be paid by my executor or executrix as soon after my decease as practible."
(A) "I give, devise and bequeath to my beloved son, M.F. Gauntt, the sum of One Dollar ($l.00), as I have already provided for him by deeding him the homeplace, known as the "Gauntt Homeplace", located in Tallapoosa County, Alabama, in appreciation for the loving care given me and my husband, Joseph Lane Gauntt, the father of my children, and to Jacob Gauntt, my husband's brother, during their last illnesses."
(B) "All the rest, residue and remainder of my property, real, personal, or mixed, wheresoever located, of which I shall die seized and possessed, I give, devise and bequeath unto the other seven (7) of my beloved children, namely: J.G. Gauntt, J.M. Gauntt, I.G. Gauntt, C.R. Gauntt, Lucille Gauntt Woodall, Mrs. Robert Crockett and Annie Ruth Gauntt Range to be theirs absolutely and unconditionally, share and share alike. In the event of the death of either one of my said seven (7) children before my death or before the distribution of my estate, their heirs shall inherit their share."
"I hereby appoint my beloved son, Dr. I.G. Gauntt, executor of this will; but if he should predecease me, or should we die in a common accident or from injuries received in a common accident, then I nominate my beloved daughter, Mrs. Robert Crockett, executrix of this will; and I direct that my executor or executrix be given full authority in the premises, including authority to sell any real or personal property either publicly or privately without an order of any court, and i hereby exempt him or her from giving bond, or from liability for any mistakes of judgment, or from making an accounting to any court or person. In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 24th day of September, 1954."
(Signed) Mattie C. Gauntt
"We, the undersigned, hereby certify that the above name Testatrix, Mattie C. Gauntt, subscribed her name to the foregoing instrument in our presence, and we, in her presence, and in the presence of each other, and at her request, have hereunto set our names as witnesses on the day the same bears date."
Mrs. Juluis W. Lightsey
L.J. Hix Filed Jan 9, 1959
1. Has Children James Gillis GAUNTT b: ABT. 1886 in AL
2. Has No Children Thomas Ligeon GAUNTT b: 6 MAR 1887 in Unknown
3. Has Children Joseph Marshall GAUNTT b: ABT. 1889 in AL
4. Has Children Isaachar Grady GAUNTT b: ABT. 1891 in AL
5. Has Children Curtis Ralph GAUNTT b: ABT. 1893 in AL
6. Has Children Ida Lucille GAUNTT b: 7 NOV 1895 in Tallassee, Tallapoosa, AL
7. Has Children Lessie Lorena GAUNTT b: 26 FEB 1899 in Tallapoosa Co., AL
8. Has Children Annie Ruth GAUNTT b: ABT. 1901 in AL
9. Has Children Marvin Fulton GAUNTT b: 7 FEB 1905 in AL 1
Noted events in her life were:
• United States Census: Residence, 1910, Precinct 12, Tallapoosa, Alabama. Age 48
Martha married Joseph Lane Gauntt, son of Issachar X. Gauntt and Martha Ann Gantt, on 21 Dec 1884 in Tallasse, Tallapoosa Co., AL. (Joseph Lane Gauntt was born on 3 Sep 1860 in Alabama, USA and died on 24 Oct 1948 in Alabama, USA.)