Gertrude Elizabeth Chritzman 2
- Born: 1790, Stadtkreis Halle (Saale), Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany 1
- Marriage (1): George Ziegler in 1810 1
- Died: 12 Apr 1865, Butler, Butler County, Pennsylvania, USA at age 75 1
- BuriedFem: Harrisburg Cemetery, Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, USA 1
1. Charles H. Ziegler b. 1819 in Littlestown Pennsylvania
2. Hanna Maria Ziegler b. 12 Feb 1821
3. DescendantsEmanuel Ziegler b. 22 Feb 1824 in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Elizabeth was born in Germany and most likely at the location where her father Christian Chritzman (or Kreutzmann) said he was from in Germany in his naturalization papers.
Elizabeth was married to George Ziegler and they lived in Gettysburg for most of their lives. In the last few years of their lives they were toll takers on Duncan's Island. Elizabeth continued as a toll taker after George died in 1848 but was living with her youngest daughter Julia in Butler, PA, in 1850.
Elizabeth's burial record stated that she was buried in Harrisburg. She is buried with her husband George in Section R, Lot 133. No one else is buried with them at that location.
Her Harrisburg Cemetery burial record lists her name as Mrs. Ann Elizabeth Ziegler but there is no doubt that she is buried with her husband George in the same plot. 1
Gertrude married George Ziegler, son of Frederick Emanuel Ziegler and Juliana Feiser, in 1810.1 (George Ziegler was born on 3 Jul 1789 in Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania, USA, died on 27 Aug 1848 in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, USA and was buried in Harrisburg Cemetery, Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, USA 1.)