Joseph Carunchia 2
- Born: 3 Mar 1925, Kingmont, Marion County, West Virginia, USA 1
- Marriage (1): Margaret Romino on 23 Nov 1946 in Marion, West Virginia, United States 1
- Died: 27 Apr 2013, Morgantown, Monongalia County, West Virginia, USA at age 88 3
- Buried: Mount Carmel Cemetery, Fairmont, Marion County, West Virginia, USA 4
Joseph Carunchia, 88, of Kingmont, passed away Saturday (April 27, 2013) at Ruby Memorial Hospital.
Joseph was born March 3, 1925, in Kingmont, son of the late Nickola and Mary Gargarella Carunchia.
Joseph was the founder and owner of Tygart Valley Cinemas in Fairmont. He started in the theater business in 1953 and for-merly owned the Starlight, Fairmont and Twilight theaters. He was very active in the Democratic Party and communi-ty affairs. He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his wife, Margaret "Margy" Romano Carunchia; two children, Lana Glass and husband Joseph of San Diego, Calif., and Michael Carunchia and wife Melissa "Misty" of Fairmont; a sister, Caroline Morgan of Fairmont; two grandchildren, Elissa Carunchia Cavender and Shelley Carunchia Fernley; and six great-grandchildren, Ian, Annalise, Olivivi and Elisabeth Cavender, and Angelo and Merrick Fernley.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by three brothers, Vincent, Tony and Patrick; and a sister, Frances Brown.
The family will receive friends at Domico Funeral Home, 414 Gaston Ave., Fairmont, from 1-8 p.m. today and from 10-11 a.m. Tuesday. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday in the funeral home. Burial will follow at Mount Carmel Cemetery.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.domi-cofh. com. 4
Noted events in his life were:
• United States Census: Resided, 1935, Union Magisterial District, Marion, West Virginia.
• United States Census: Resided, 1940, Union Magisterial District, Marion, West Virginia.
Joseph married someone Margaret Romino, daughter of Frank Romino and Beatrice, on 23 Nov 1946 in Marion, West Virginia, United States.1 (Margaret Romino was born on 5 May 1927 in Watson, Marion, West Virginia, USA.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage License, 20 Nov 1946, Marion, West Virginia, United States.
Bernard T. Kelly, Minister