Jeanette C. Condrey 1
- Born: 3 Mar 1934, Graceville, Jackson County, Florida, USA 1
- Marriage (1): Dewey Howard Lane
- Died: 3 Nov 2015, Wesley Manor Nursing Home, Dothan, , Alabama at age 81
- Buried: New Hope Cemetery
"Jeanette C. Lane, 81, a resident of Dothan passed away Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at Wesley Manor Nursing Home.
Funeral services will be held 11 am Saturday, November 7, 2015 at Sunset Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Max McKinney officiating. Burial will follow in New Hope Cemetery with Robert Byrd directing. The family will receive friends at the funeral home from 10am-11am Saturday. Flowers are being accepted or memorials may be made to Covenant Hospice, 1512 West Main Street, Dothan, AL 36301 or the Alzheimer's Resource Center, P.O. Box 1170, Dothan, AL 36302.
Mrs. Lane was born March 2, 1934 in Graceville, Florida and lived the early years of her life there. She moved to Dothan in 1968 and resided here for the past 47 years. Mrs. Lane along with her late husband owned and operated the Buster Brown Shoe Store from the early 1980's until she retired in 1998. She attended Ridgecrest Baptist Church and was preceded in death by her husband Dewey Lane.
Survivors include her godson, Joel (Katie) Judah; her cousins, James Edward and Peggy Miles, Geraldine and Junior Spivey, Clarence Bledsoe, Syretha Ward, Shirley and Jimmy Williams, Sue and Jimmy Gardner, Russell Condrey and Harry Condrey; special friends and caregivers, Sarah and James Moorer, Mark and Treva Leas, Stephanie Leas, Peggy Halstead, Bob and Shirley Ginovsky; and her Wesley Manor family."
Noted events in her life were:
• Florida State Census, 1935, North Graceville, Jackson, Florida. Age 1. She and her brother are living with her mother Opal at the home of her grandparents.
• United States Census: Resided, 1940, Ward 4, Enterprise, Election Precinct 17, Coffee, Alabama, United States. Age 6
• Florida State Census, 1945, South Graceville, Jackson, Florida. Age 11
Jeanette married Dewey Howard Lane. (Dewey Howard Lane was born on 1 Oct 1934 2 and died in Sep 2013.)