Mary "Polly" Weems 1 2
- Born: Abt 1776, Heidelberg Township, York County, Pennsylvania, USA
- Marriage (1): George Leas
- Died: 2 Apr 1859, Eaton, Preble County, Ohio, USA about age 83
- Buried: Mound Hill Cemetery, Eaton, Washington Township, Preble County, Ohio, USA
Mary Champman Leas
General: George Leas' mother Lydia died on July 4, 1822 and Polly Weems Leas' father died just over a month later in August of 1822. Both died in Adams County, Pennsylvania; both deaths were reported in the newspaper, "The Republican Compiler" published in Gettysburg, PA.
Her obituary abstract says, Mrs. Mary Leas, wife of George Leas died at Eaton on April 3, 1859 at age 82. She came to Preble County with her husband in 1808.
Noted events in her life were:
• United States Census: Residence, 1850, Eaton, Preble County, Ohio, USA. Age 73
Mary married George Leas, son of Daniel Leas and Lydia Worley. (George Leas was born in 1776-1777 in York County, Pennsylvania, USA, died on 17 Apr 1861 in Eaton, Preble County, Ohio, USA and was buried in Mound Hill Cemetery, Eaton, Washington Township, Preble County, Ohio, USA.)