Hamilton Graham Coward 1
- Born: 11 May 1828, Talbot County, Maryland, USA 2
- Marriage (1): Maria Ringgold Leas on 17 Apr 1855 in Chestertown, Kent Co., MD
- Died: 15 Sep 1889, Sausalito, Marin County, CA at age 61
- Buried: 1889, Mt View Cemetery, Oakland, Alameda Co., CA
Hamilton Coward Gulch near Coulterville, Mariposa County, California named for him.
Information listed below provided by ge_robards (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Note: 1874, Delinquent Tax (Source: MARIPOSA COUNTY DELIQUENT TAX LIST 1874 transcribed by William Disbro, http://www.compuology.com/cagenweb/TAX.htm, COWARD, H.G., Wakely & Ralston Quartz vein, known as the Marble Spring mine, about two and one half mile from store of A.G.BLACK, on Bull Creek, and near the Clark & Derrick mine, about two thousand feet more or less, in length, valued at $2,500; improvements, $500. Total, $3,000. Total tax, $89.78. Collector's costs, $1..)
According to the Forney genealogy, Hamilton Graham Coward was born on April 27, 1823, but according to his tombstone in Mt View Cemetery in Oakland, CA, he was born on May 11, 1828.
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence: U.S. Census, 1880, Oakland, Alameda, California.
Hamilton married Maria Ringgold Leas, daughter of George Leas and H. Maria Ringgold, on 17 Apr 1855 in Chestertown, Kent Co., MD. (Maria Ringgold Leas was born on 3 Mar 1832 in Carlisle, Cumberland County, Maryland, USA, died on 28 Aug 1884 in Oakland, Alameda Co., CA and was buried in Mt. View Cemetery, Oakland, Alameda Co., CA.)