Isaac Jacobs 2
- Born: 28 Mar 1836, Brown County, Ohio, USA 3
- Marriage (1): Charlotte Amelia Teal on 11 Nov 1864 in Hamilton County, Indiana, USA 1
- Died: 10 Feb 1917, Arcadia, Hamilton County, Indiana, USA at age 80
- Buried: Feb 1917, Arcadia Cemetery, Hamilton County, Indiana, USA
Working out of 1883-1949 Hamilton county obits in the binder from Cicero, Hamilton, Indiana, library source without actually seeing graves. Excuse for any typos but I am tyring to hurry because of rather limited time, so point out if I make any mistakes and I will make corrections.
Since this obit IS TOO LONG, I will just have to summarize through this one.
Isaac Jacobs, well known resident of Arcadia died at 4 p.m. Sat evening in Arcadia. His death was sudden, Mr. Jacobs had been ailing during the greater portion of the winter, had beenliving with his daughter, Mrs. James Souders. His death was due to heart trouble. He is survived by two children. His wife died inmarch 1915.
Isaac was born March 28, 1835 in Brown Ohio, his parents and grandparents came out of Virginia at the period of exodus from the east preceeding the revolutionary war, which marked the settlement of the Ohio Valley and the Middle West. Theyw ere not pleased with their ohio home and after the death of the paternal head of the family Richard in 1846, his ten children, five sons and five daughters came to Indiana and settled in Hamiltoncounty. Sandford jacobs father of Issacc was an internet preacher and while not working at his trade of shoe making was engaged in spreading the gospel and projecting the faith of the "New Lights" into the dark places. As a young man, Mr. Jacobs helped in subjection and cleaningup of the wilderness of Cciero, incidently helping inthebuilding and construction of the old I.P.C.R.R. whe the call to arms cam ein the beginning of the civil war, he with his four brothers enlisted in the 39th Ind 18th Cavlary Co 8 blurry words....through Kentucky and Tenn he was invalided home but recovering shortly, he renlisted and was mustered out of the school at the war at Nashville, Tenn. While recuperting between the times ofhis enlistments ----------------------hemet and wed t Charlotte Teal at Atlanta Indiana, Nov 11, 1864 Charlotte Teal was born Oct 24, 1846 at Gottenburg, sweden and imigrated to America with her parents, John and Christina Teal in 1885 her recollection of the stormy ocean passage the landing at New York the crossing of Chicoago and final settlement at Buena Vista now Atlanta, were very vivid and very interesting to those who heard her recountal. This estimalbe couple resided in Cicero and Arcadia of near vicinity their last resdence beign in Arcadia Twochildren were born to this union, Ote and Bertha, now Mrs. J.D. Sanders, they were long identified as members of theChristian church and respected aas able workers in the cuase of Christianity..
Mr jacobs was alife time of Demorcrat.
He also one of the men who helped to drive General John Morgan out of Kentucky and tenn during war and he was engaged in several battles during his term service. 4
Noted events in his life were:
• Military: 39th Ind 18th Cavlary Co 8, Abt 1861. 4 When the call to arms cam ein the beginning of the civil war, he with his four brothers enlisted in the 39th Ind 18th Cavlary Co 8 blurry words....through Kentucky and Tenn he was invalided home but recovering shortly, he renlisted and was mustered out of the school at the war at Nashville, Tenn.
• Residence: US Census, 1880, Jackson, Hamilton County, Indiana, USA. Farmer
• Residence: US Census, 1900, Arcadia, Hamilton County, Indiana, USA.
• Residence: US Census, 1910, Jackson Township, Hamilton County, Indiana, USA. Age 75. The census shows that both of his parents were born in Virginia.
Isaac married Charlotte Amelia Teal, daughter of Johannes "John" Svensson Teal and Britta (Bertha) Christina (Vongoning) Ranger, on 11 Nov 1864 in Hamilton County, Indiana, USA.1 (Charlotte Amelia Teal was born on 24 Oct 1847 in Gottenburg, Sweden or Habo, Skåne, Sweden,3 died on 29 Mar 1915 in Arcadia, Hamilton County, Indiana, USA and was buried in Mar 1915 in Arcadia Cemetery, Hamilton County, Indiana, USA.)