John Jackson Lease 1 2
- Born: 8 Feb 1825, Jefferson Township, Logan County, Ohio, USA
- Marriage (1): Cynthia A. Tittsworth on 7 Oct 1865 in Logan County, Ohio, USA 1
- Died: 26 Mar 1899, Bellefontaine, Logan County, Ohio, USA at age 74 3
- Buried: Lease Cemetery, Logan County, Ohio, USA
J. J. LEASE, farmer; P. O., Bellefontaine; was born in this township Feb. 3, 1825; is the sun of Stephen and Susannah (Gates) Lease. Stephen was born in 1798 in Pennsylvania, and came West about the year 1812, making his first stand on the farm where John Hoge now lives, where he remained about two ,years, and then located on the farm now owned by Jacob Lease, where he purchased 290 acres, which was at that time as the primitive forest., in a perfectly wild state; here he built him a cabin, and lived the real life of a frontiersman. John J. lived with his father until his death, and, in fact, since that time has never been very far from the old homestead. The death of his father occurred in 1867, his mother's about ten years afterwards. Oct. 7, 1865, John J. was married to Cynthia A. Tittsworth, who. was born in 1839 in this county; she was a daughter of William and Sarah (Dunston) Tittsworth. Since Mr. Lease's marriage he has resided on the firm he now owns, which is adjacent to and a part of the original homestead; has eight children - Stephen, James D., Susanah, Ann, Emma, Dora, Charles and Clara. He has a good farm of 255 acres of land.
Noted events in his life were:
• United States Census: Resided, 1850, Jefferson, Logan County, Ohio, USA. Age 22 and according to the census, he was born in 1828.
John married Cynthia A. Tittsworth, daughter of William Tittsworth and Sarah Dunston, on 7 Oct 1865 in Logan County, Ohio, USA.1 (Cynthia A. Tittsworth was born on 24 Sep 1838 in Logan County, Ohio, USA,3 died on 29 Jan 1911 in Bellefontaine, Logan County, Ohio, USA 3 and was buried in Lease Cemetery, Logan County, Ohio, USA 3.)