Bondolyn "Bonnie" A. Danzer 2
- Born: 20 Aug 1929, South Bend, St. Joseph County, Indiana, USA
- Marriage (1): Anthony Carunchia on 20 Sep 1956 in Brimfield, Noble County, Indiana, USA 1
- Marriage (2): James R. Wilson in Noble County, Indiana, USA
- Died: 11 Jun 2017, Lutheran Life Villages, Kendalville, Noble County, Indiana, USA at age 87 1
- Buried: Lake View Cemetery, Kendallville, Noble County, Indiana 1
Bondolyn Ann (Danzer) Carunchia, 87, of Kendallville died Sunday, June 11, 2017, at 12:35 p.m. in Lutheran Life Villages, Kendallville.
She was born August 20, 1929, in South Bend to Earl H. and Bonita A. (Rider) Danzer.
She graduated from Kendallville High School in 1947.
On September 20, 1956, in Brimfield she married Anthony Carunchia. He preceded her in death on October 1, 1992.
Bonnie, as she was known to most people, and her husband, Tony, were long-time Kendallville business owners as part of Carunchia Bros., Inc. which also included Tony's brother, Vincent. The Foodtown Shopping Center and the V&A Restaurant were just two of several Kendallville businesses owned by the company over a period in excess of 40 years.
Bonnie was also very active in the community as a member of Delta Theta Tau Sorority, Elks Lodge, and the Moose Lodge for many years. She also enjoyed travelling all over the world.
Surviving are a son and daughter-in-law, Mark A. and Linda (Schurr) Carunchia of Auburn; two grandchildren, Katie and Eric Whiteford of Marysville and Travis Carunchia of Auburn; two step-grandchildren, Mary Carunchia of Texas and Anthony Carunchia of Miami, Florida; and two nieces, Linda Middleton of Garrett and Deb Brand of Kendallville.
She was also preceded in death by two sisters, Patsy Donaldson and Shirley Parker; and two brothers, Arthur Danzer and Robert Danzer.
Private graveside services will be held at Lake View Cemetery, Kendallville.
Preferred memorials are to the Anthony and Bondolyn Carunchia Scholarship Fund at East Noble High School for a student pursuing a career in business and may be sent to Campbell & Fetter Bank, 126 South Orchard Street, Kendallville, Indiana, 46755, or left at Young Family Funeral Home.
Young Family Funeral Home, Kendallville Chapel, 222 South State Street, Kendallville is assisting the family with arrangements.
Condolences may be sent to the family at www.youngfamilyfuneralhome.com 1
Noted events in her life were:
• Resided: U.S. Census, 1930, Mishawaka, St. Joseph County, Indiana, USA.
• United States Census: Resided, 1940, Orange Township, Noble, Indiana, USA. Age 10
• Graduation: Kendallville High School, 1947, Kendallville, Noble County, Indiana, USA. 1
Bondolyn married Anthony Carunchia, son of Nicola Carunchia and Mary Gargarella, on 20 Sep 1956 in Brimfield, Noble County, Indiana, USA.1 (Anthony Carunchia was born on 26 Mar 1922 in Kingmont, Marion County, West Virginia, USA, died on 1 Oct 1992 in Kendallville, Noble County, Indiana, USA and was buried in Lakeview Cemetery, Kendallville, Noble County, Indiana, USA.)
Bondolyn next married James R. Wilson in Noble County, Indiana, USA.