Sophia Ziegler 1
- Born: 13 Apr 1761, Lippe, Horn Co., Germany or Horn, Coesfeld, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany 2
- Marriage (1): John Leas on 6 Feb 1780 in Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania, USA
- Died: 16 Sep 1852, Tyrone Township, Adams County, Pennsylvania, USA at age 91
- Buried: Upper Bermudian Church Cemetery, Gardners, Adams County, Pennsylvania, USA
Anonymous (View posts) Posted: 23 Jul 2000 6:23PM GMT
I descend from Sophia Ziegler and John Leas. I found in one source several years ago that she was the daughter of Joachin Christolph Ziegler and Amelia Christina Wessell.
Joachin was the son of Eitel Ziegler and Catherine Moehmann. Joachin was born 24 May 1724 and died 25 May 1760, places unknown.
Amelia was the daughter of Bartold Wessell.
I have nothing else about any of these names.
Sophia Helen Ziegler was born 13 April 1761 in Lippe, Horn County, Germany and died 16 Sept 1852 in Adams County, PA, buried in Upper Bermudian, Adams Co., PA. John Leas fought in the Revolution. Sophia applied for a pension.
John and Sophia Leas had atleast10 children. I've read that when they married Sophia could speak no English and John could
speak no German. Does anyone know anything about these people? Their son, George Leas married Mary Bream and were my ancestors.
George and Mary Leas lived in Harrison Co., Ohio, north of Cadiz, and are buried in Bethel Cemetery.
Noted events in her life were:
• Pension: Revolutionary War Pension: Pennsylvania, USA. 3 Veteran's Name: John Leas
Pensioner's Name: Sophia Leas
Branch of Service: Penn.
Pension Number: W. 2133
Film Number: 971538
NARA Publication Number: M804
Digital DGS Number: 4160632
Image Number: 00020
Footnote Unique ID: 27252036
Sophia married John Leas, son of Leonard Leas and Salome Worley, on 6 Feb 1780 in Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania, USA. (John Leas was born on 10 Sep 1755 in Pennsylvania, USA, died on 20 May 1847 in Adams County, Pennsylvania, USA and was buried in Upper Bermudian Church Cemetery, Gardners, Adams County, Pennsylvania, USA.)