Elizabeth Fullenwider 1
- Born: 1785, Shelby County, Kentucky, USA
- Marriage (1): George Leas on 3 Apr 1806 in Shelby County, Kentucky, USA
- Died: 14 May 1869, Alton, Crawford County, Indiana, USA at age 84
Another name for Elizabeth was Betsy Fullenwider.2
Information provided to me by Kathryn Stuart Leas:
Harriet E. Bromwell's "The Bromwell genealogy : including descendants of
William Bromwell and Beulah Hall, with data relating to others of the
Bromwell name in America : also, genealogical records of branches of the
allied families of Holmes, (of Plymouth County, Massachusetts) Payne, (of
Kentucky and Indiana), Rice and Leffler, (of Rice's Fort, Pennsylvania),
with some descendants of Major Conrad Leffler, of Pennsylvania, and of the
Rev. Peter Fullenwider, Rev. Simler, and Jonathan Boone, of Kentucky Denver, Colo.: H.E. Bromwell, 1910, 245 pgs.
ELIZABETH FULLENWIDER ... b. Shelby Co, Ky, 1785
d. Alton, Ind, May 14, 1869; m. in Shelby Co, Ky, George Leas who d. in
1859. (The name of Leas is an old one in Oley, Bucks Co, Pa, where they are
related and intermarried with the Boones long before the time of the
settlement of Ky.) Elizabeth and George are said to have lived at Boone's
Fort, and later came to Clark Co, Ind., and then to Alton, where they have
Noted events in her life were:
• United States Census: Residence, 1820, Charlestown, Clark County, Indiana, USA.
• Residence: U.S. Census, 1850, Boone Township, Crawford County, Indiana. Also living in this household was a black man, Jacob Green who was born in Kentucky in about 1827.
• United States Census: Residence, 1860, Boone, Crawford Co, IN. Name shown as Elizabeth Leace.
Elizabeth married George Leas on 3 Apr 1806 in Shelby County, Kentucky, USA. (George Leas was born about 1787 in Kentucky, USA and died in 1859 in Indiana, USA.)
George Leas Pedigree
1859 , , Indiana
03 APR 1806 , Shelby, Kentucky